You are here: Home > Work Areas > Community Sustainable Energy
Community Sustainable Energy
‘Greening’ the UK energy base and improving domestic energy efficiency are clear and urgent political imperatives. CAG’s current and recent work on neighbourhood sustainable energy is creating a body of evidence that ‘enhanced area-based approaches’ should be a key focus for delivering the Government’s Green Deal. CAG can help you to:
- Engage with communities and key stakeholders within community sustainable energy schemes.
- Manage the communication, press and engagement processes in developing and supporting community sustainable energy schemes.
- Evaluate the impact of community sustainable energy schemes. We are currently evaluating:
- theCommunity Energy Saving Programme (CESP)
- the Carbon Emissions Reduction Target (CERT)
- the Local Carbon Framework Pilots; and
- the Low Carbon Buildings Programme.
- Develop policy and practice recommendations and guidelines for community sustainable energy schemes. We developed briefing papers as a result of our review of the Ashden Awards and evaluation for Consumer Focus Scotland.
For more information about this area of work please contact Denny Gray 020 8870 3050 or email@example.com.