All CAG partners are skilled facilitators and we can design and facilitate events ranging from one-hour meetings to full day workshops.
We use a range of tried and tested facilitation techniques to help ensure the event’s objectives are met. We are particularly experienced in designing and delivering processes which address difficult, contentious or sensitive issues. We are retained by the Environment Agency to provide stakeholder engagement and facilitation services via a framework agreement.
We also develop and deliver training on a wide range of topics, which we can bring to your premises.
We can create bespoke training courses and also have a number of off-the-peg courses that can be cost-effectively tailored to suit your requirements. Topics we have developed training on include: planning for a low carbon future, fuel poverty referral networks, cutting energy bills (through, for example, stock improvements, behaviour change and switching energy provider), developing an energy champions network, cutting carbon emissions, sustainable development, increasing resilience to climate change, sustainable procurement, community engagement and facilitation.
What we offer:
Examples of our recent training work:
- Circle Housing Association resident energy champions training, for Circle Housing (2013-2015)
- Climate change training for planners, for various Regional Improvement & Efficiency Partnerships (2011-2012)
- Supporting Neighbourhood Plans – community engagement training, for the CPRE (2013)
- Development of Sustainable Facilities Management e-training modules, for Zero Waste Scotland (2013)
- Delivery of resource efficiency training, for Zero Waste Scotland (2013)
- Sustainable procurement of food and catering services training course, for Defra (2011)
Examples of our recent facilitation work:
- Stakeholder engagement and facilitation framework agreement, Environment Agency (2012-2014)
- Facilitating local engagement in climate change adaptation, for Kent County Council (2013-2014)
- West Thames Flood de-brief sessions, for the Environment Agency (2014)
- Stakeholder workshops on the scope of a new national flood risk assessment, for the Environment Agency (2014)
- Stakeholder workshop for the UK strategy for Naturally Occurring Radioactive Waste Management (NORM), for Scottish Government (2014)
- Stakeholder workshop on the future of the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) and Green Deal, for Local Government Association (2014)
- Adaptation Reporting Powers Workshop, for the Environment Agency (2014)
- Fish Pass scheme Lessons Learnt Workshop, for the Environment Agency (2013)
- Climate Change Skills in the Forestry Sector – Survey and Workshop, for the Environment Agency (2013)
- Plymbridge Woods Recreation project – consensus building programme, for the National Trust (2012)
- Design and facilitation of Green Deal and ECO Roadshows, for Energy-UK (2012)
FEATURED CASE STUDY
Climate change training for planners and elected members
CAG Consultants, in partnership with LDA, were commissioned to develop and deliver a series of training workshops for Local Planning Authority planning officers. Read more →